The beginners scorch protocol is to fill a niche that has been asked of me way too often when helping someone out that is preparing to dry fast for long covid or a similar autoimmune disease. The min-max official scorch protocol is scary and overbearing, as well as pretty complicated. I try to explain that it is simply a guideline if you were wanting to min-max the situation. There's also a few missing pieces in it, but overall the skeleton still stands. This protocol aims to distill it even further for simplification. If this is still too much for you, then compress it further until you hit the poor man's scorch protocol preparation guide listed below:
The concept here is to:
- Prepare the body with a low carb diet to enter your first dry fast/s in an easier way, because you’ll already be in mild/moderate ketosis. You can avoid the keto flu.
- Hydrate up the day before while maintaining decently low carb, using some hacks, and getting the big mineral dose.
- Keeping the digestive system clean by tapering into a light last day of eating, by specific foods and certain parasites cleanses.
- Anticipate and head off the reactivation of latent viruses on first day of the dry fast (body under stress situation)
- Hit potential nutritional deficiencies and stock up on key vitamins.
- Make it as simple as possible for beginners without min-maxing too hard.
Simplified Version for Long Covid and Immune Diseases
This protocol is assuming you are preparing at least 3 days in advance. You can go longer or shorter, depending on your circumstances, BMI, and length of fast being attempted.
The simplicity in this is the fact that every single supplement being used here is also being used in the refeed, where it is X times more important. So you are not wasting money buying different things for both prep and refeed. The goal here is to fill nutritional needs and deficiencies before the fast. Prepping both vitamins and minerals that will be quickly depleted, so it gives you a leg up on the start. This article is hidden and only for members because it contains medications that google would censor me for, unfortunately. The supplements and medications used here are used successfuly by many, and I believe they are fundamental to successfully pushing the needle in the journey of healing, especially for long covid. You'll notice that dry fasting practitioners like Filonov know very little about long covid, and speculate a lot about it, while I've lived it, healed it, and am helping many other long haulers heal too. There are a few other experimental/advanced techniques that I am not willing to disclose here because a) they are controversial and b) because they are still in experimental stages showing amazing results, but not enough data points to make me comfortable recommending them.